Real Madrid are wrong to have sold Cristiano Ronaldo in what will go down as a “historic error” on the club’s behalf, says former president Ramon CalderonThe Portuguese superstar had been linked with a shock departure from the Santiago Bernabeu after May’s Champions League final victory over Liverpool.While some still doubted whether a transfer would ever actually materialise, Ronaldo then completed a €112m move to Serie A champions Juventus last week and is expected to be officially presented later this evening.Following his arrival in 2009 from Manchester United, Ronaldo scored 450 goals in 438 appearances to become Real’s all-time top goalscorer and proved indispensable in their recent European domination.And Calderon, who brought Ronaldo to the Spanish capital in 2009, is far from impressed with the 33-year-old’s sale.“It’s very sad that they have sold a player like Cristiano Ronaldo, it’s a real pity,” Calderon told Spanish news outlet AS, via The Express.“[Particularly] With what it cost me to sign him, the effort that we made to bring him to Madrid.Fiorentina owner: “Ribery played better than Ronaldo!” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso was left gushing over Franck Ribery’s performance against Juventus, which he rates above that of even Cristiano Ronaldo’s.“Manchester [United] did not want to sell him and it was very difficult.“And now they have sold him for €100million. There isn’t a player who scores 60 goals a year for you and is worth to you [only] €100m.“Selling Cristiano is not good news, either for €100m or a billion.“But it is true that we put a clause of a €1bn to discourage those interested in him in the future, but at the same time, to show that there was no other player like him.“It’s a historic error.”Ronaldo could return to haunt Real earlier than expected, should he be available for Juventus in their International Champions Cup clash with the La Liga giants on August 4.
Facebook Comments Related posts:Solís signs tuna fishing decree, but will it help Costa Rica’s oceans? UPDATE: Costa Rica’s Turrialba Volcano erupts incandescent material With current rate of climate change, 23 percent of species in South America could face extinction, study finds Scientists figure out why female turtles are born at higher temperatures
admin | firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, January 2, 2018 – Providenciales – Move-a-thon contunues to evolve and the 2018 event will, for the first time welcome international registrants in the health walk, run and cycle which moves into its sixth year.“This year, we are proudly welcoming our first international runners who are coming to run in the country’s first marathon! This is exciting news and we are elated to be a part of it! For persons who may not be as ambitious, there are many other distances you can walk, run or cycle. You may choose the 5k, 10k or half marathon all of which starts and finishes at the Children’s Park in Lower Bight, said founder of Move-a-thon, Tamika Handfield.Tamika Handfield is the Registered Nutritionist who started the ‘anything a thon’ to encourage healthy activity for a healthy life.“Move-a-thonTCI is a walk, run and cycle event that was started as a fundraiser for Nutrition in Demand. Nutrition in Demand is a nonprofit organization whose mandate is to raise awareness to the importance of health and healthy eating. This nonprofit was founded in late 2012 and it depends on community support. Move-a-thonTCI is an annual event held every second weekend in January. It is Nutrition in Demand’s biggest fundraiser.As many as five programs are currently funded through community participation in Move-a-thon and there is a new program set for launch this year. Handfield said, “Our newest program starting in 2018 will be KidFit; an exercise program just for children. They will be engaged in physical activity through fun and interactive games.”Move-a-thon is timed to bolster morale and one’s will to trade unhealthy habits for healthy ones, and Handfield is well acquainted with the potential for a personal promise to lose momentum.“Many people make New Year’s resolutions and many of those resolutions are health related. Therefore, one of the main aims of Move-a-thon was to encourage residents to kick start their New Year’s resolutions. This is why it is held so early in January. We believe it’s the perfect time especially since so many of us over indulge during the holidays. Over the years, Move-a-thonTCI has grown to become one of TCI’s premier sporting events.”Everyone is welcomed to join Move-a-thon on January 13th, 2018.Registration opened just before Christmas and is ongoing. Secure the 5k at $20; 10k at $25; Half Marathon at $35 and Marathon at $65. Contact Tamika Handfield: 649-442-3978 to join Move-a-thon2018.#MoveathonTCI2018#athletesjoinMoveathonTCI2018
TEMPE, Ariz. (WSVN) — Authorities in Arizona are asking for the public’s help in identifying a newborn baby who was found abandoned in a parking lot.The Tempe Police Department says officers responded Sunday to a parking lot and found the infant wrapped in a blanket inside a Jonas Brothers backpack. It was 103 degrees outside, police said.Authorities did not comment on the girl’s condition.Anyone with information is asked to contact Tempe Police at 480-350-8311.Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.