first_imgEnergy Minister Giorgos Lakkotrypis, investor PMV Maritime Holdings and the Paralimni municipality on Monday signed contracts for the building of the Paralimni marina.The contracts concern the long-term lease of land and sea space in the area of the Ayios Nicolaos fishing shelter of Protaras.When fully operational in mid-2021, the marina is expected to have the capacity for 300 vessels.At a cost of €110 million, the project includes residential and commercial buildings and a hotel.Lakkotrypis said the development would benefit maritime tourism in the area together with the Limassol and Ayia Napa marinas.“In addition, it is expected to be decisive in the pursuit of sustainable growth of our economy by offering new jobs, further enriching our tourist product and attracting more quality tourists to our island,” the minister said.The municipality announced it is estimated that 600 jobs will be created.Contracts for another marina project, the Larnaca port and marina, are also expected to be signed with investors in 2018.In statements after a visit to the port, Transport and Works Minister Marios Demetriades said the purpose of his visit was to inspect the work and consult with prospective investors.The contacts with three consortia, all foreign, which have been shortlisted will be followed by sending them all documents regarding the port and marina.“Two have already arrived in Cyprus for consultations with the ministry team and will also visit the port to inspect the premises,” Dimitriades said. “In March we will have the preferred investor, contracts will be signed in 2018, in 2019 the port and the marina will be delivered to the investor and we are close to end this process that has been going on for many years.”Efforts to develop Larnaca marina and port began in 2007 but the competition was cancelled in 2015, and was relaunched last year.The idea is to develop and privatise the existing marina as well as the port situated right next to it and to make Larnaca marina the largest in Cyprus with around a thousand berths, including some for superyachts.The plan specifies that the total area to be developed measures 510,000 square metres, which includes the port and marina as well as the surrounding area.You May LikeDr. Marty ProPower Plus Supplement3 Dangerous Foods People Feed Their Dogs (Without Realizing It)Dr. Marty ProPower Plus SupplementUndoPopularEverythingColorado Mom Adopted Two Children, Months Later She Learned Who They Really ArePopularEverythingUndoKelley Blue Book10 Electric Cars That Last the LongestKelley Blue BookUndo Turkish Cypriot actions in Varosha ‘a clear violation’ of UN resolutions, Nicosia saysUndoConcern over falling tourism numbersUndoPensioner dies after crash on Paphos-Polis roadUndoby Taboolaby Taboolalast_img

admin | 3216976577@qq.com

Related Posts

first_img“Here he is a year later, nominated for an Oscar and he’s still working hard. I’m not quite as old as Chris Plummer and I still feel I’ve got quite a few years ahead of me doing a different work.” Peter Mansbridge says he’s enjoying the new pace of his life away from the CBC flagship news program “The National,” but he has no plans to give up work. “We’re doing a co-pro together,” Mansbridge said of ZDF. “I can’t really talk too much about it other than to say that it’s going to be significant and it’ll be a production that will be seen hopefully around the world.” And he said he is watching the new instalment of “The National,” hosted by Ian Hanomansing, Adrienne Arsenault, Rosemary Barton, and Andrew Chang. Advertisement Login/Register With: “I’ll be honest, I’m not watching ‘The National’ as much as I used to watch ‘The National,’ because I’m on the road a lot, I do a lot of travelling, I do a lot of speeches,” Mansbridge said. Advertisement Mansbridge stepped down from his role as anchor and chief correspondent last July after nearly three decades with the program. Advertisement It’s a challenging time for journalism with many things changing, he added, noting consumers relate to their news differently these days and consume less of it through television.center_img That work includes freelancing on documentary projects for the CBC and something with the German public broadcaster ZDF. “But I do see it a couple of times a week anyway, at least.” “Everybody is trying to adapt and ‘The National’ is no different,” Mansbridge said. “So it’s a much different kind of show when I was there a year ago and it’ll be different a year from now, because they’re trying to adapt to a changing landscape, just like everybody is, just like print is.”By: Victoria Ahearn | The Canadian Press He admitted that he doesn’t miss the daily routine as much as he thought he would. After accepting the Canadian Screen Award for lifetime achievement on Sunday, the former anchor said he’s got some projects in the works and pointed to the ongoing success of Canadian actor Christopher Plummer, who recently earned his second Oscar nomination for “All the Money in the World.” LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment “I know I’ve always looked at lifetime achievement awards as, ‘OK, that’s it, he’s done, we’re not going to see them around again,’ right? Well, Plummer is a perfect example of, ‘Don’t make that judgment,’” Mansbridge said backstage. Facebook Twitterlast_img

Rabat – Following the tragic shooting in Las Vegas that left at least 59 people and over 500 others injured, King Mohammed VI has sent a message to the United States President Donald Trump, expressing “deep condolences and sincere feeling of sympathy.”In a message to Trump, the king said that in his name and in the name of the Moroccan people, he “strongly condemns this criminal act,” while expressing to the American president, the families of the victims and to the whole American nation his deep condolences and sincere feelings of compassion.The king also wished the families of the victims patience and comfort, and a quick recovery to the wounded. The attack occurred at an open-air country music festival on the Las Vegas Strip. The shooter, identified as Stephen Paddock, fired upon the audience from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel.A SWAT team stopped the attack by breaking into Paddock’s hotel room and fatally shooting the 64-year-old man, who lived in a retirement community in Mesquite, Nevada.The authorities have not yet determined his motives, as he had no significant criminal history, reported CNN.Paddock’s brother told the news network that he had “no history of violence. No history of anything, couldn’t give a s–t less about politics, religion, pointy hatted people etc., etc. He just wanted to get a freaking royal flush.”Los Angeles police found 23 guns in his hotel room,as well as firearms and explosives at his home. No links to international terrorism have been announced.Speaking at the White House, President Trump has described the gunman as “a sick man, a demented man.” The American president indicated that he would look at gun laws “as time goes by.”

9 May 2011The United Nations agency tasked with promoting press freedom today voiced its condemnation of the murder of an outspoken Peruvian radio news presenter who had criticized local authorities in the north of the Andean country. Julio Castillo Narváez, the host of a news programme on Ollantay Radio in the city of Virú, was shot dead last Tuesday – which was also World Press Freedom Day – by unknown assailants.Irina Bokova, the Director-General of the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), issued a statement deploring the killing and urging authorities to investigate the crime and bring the culprits to justice.“This crime is an attack on the basic human right of journalists and citizens to speak their mind and hold free debates about issues that concern them,” Ms. Bokova said.“The tragedy of this killing is made all the more poignant for occurring on a day dedicated to the celebration of press freedom.”Mr. Castillo was renowned for his criticism of local authorities and had received repeated death threats before he was slain, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *